TAMPA (WFLA) – The Biden-Harris presidential ticket made history for several reasons and now they can claim the most number of votes in a presidential election.
President-elect Biden and Vice President-elect Harris have 80,033,996 votes with as many as millions more still to tally, according to a running count by the non-partisan Cook Report.
President-elect Joe Biden’s already set a record for the highest number of votes for a winning presidential candidate, and President Donald Trump has also notched a high-water mark of the most votes for a losing candidate. The official count from the Associated Press still had Biden and Harris currently tallied at 79,940,065 votes.
It’s unknown how many ballots remain to be counted but California and New York are still tallying ballots and regularly adding to the count.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Half of US adults have received at least one COVID-19 shot
- Battleground Florida: Transgender and ‘anti-riot’ bills fuel partisan divisions in Florida
- Illinois man discovers 19th-century tunnel beneath his property
- Otters at Georgia Aquarium test positive for COVID-19
- Alma Wahlberg, mother of Mark, Donnie Wahlberg, dies at 78