TAMPA (WFLA) – The Biden-Harris presidential ticket made history for several reasons and now they can claim the most number of votes in a presidential election.
President-elect Biden and Vice President-elect Harris have 80,033,996 votes with as many as millions more still to tally, according to a running count by the non-partisan Cook Report.
President-elect Joe Biden’s already set a record for the highest number of votes for a winning presidential candidate, and President Donald Trump has also notched a high-water mark of the most votes for a losing candidate. The official count from the Associated Press still had Biden and Harris currently tallied at 79,940,065 votes.
It’s unknown how many ballots remain to be counted but California and New York are still tallying ballots and regularly adding to the count.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Gov. DeSantis to hold press conference in Melbourne Beach
- Hillsborough Co. deputy shot, hospitalized in barricaded standoff
- Bystander tackles minister accused of touching child inappropriately at Oklahoma bus stop
- Passenger on JetBlue flight tried to storm cockpit, choke flight attendant with necktie, FBI says
- Which states are you most likely to die in an animal attack?