TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — Joe Biden is expected to make his pick for vice president soon. The announcement could be as early as next week.
The presumptive Democratic nominee in this year’s presidential election has previously said he will choose a woman to be his running mate.
Here are some of the names that have been floated around as a potential choice for VP:
- Kamala Harris: U.S. senator from California, former presidential candidate
- Val Demings: U.S. representative from Florida, former chief of the Orlando Police Department
- Elizabeth Warren: U.S. senator from Massachusetts, former presidential candidate
- Keisha Lance Bottoms: Mayor of Atlanta, Georgia
- Susan Rice: Former U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations
- Michelle Lujan Grisham: Governor of New Mexico
- Tammy Duckworth: U.S. senator from Illinois, Purple Heart recipient
Earlier this week, Biden said he would make his pick for vice president in the first week of August. He did not say when he would publicly announce his choice.
It is expected he will make the announcement before the Democratic National Convention begins on August 17.
Battleground Florida streams live every Thursday at 1 p.m. ET.
LATEST FROM YOUR LOCAL ELECTION HEADQUARTERS:
- Tampa Bay law enforcement agencies plan for subtle presence at polls to help combat voter intimidation
- For the Culture: Tampa Voices Matter encouraging minorities to vote
- Trump vs. Biden: Are there any undecided voters left?
- Report: Tax records show Trump tried to land China projects
- Election canvassing boards looking over ballots in Florida to save voters from their own mistakes