PITTSFIELD, Mass. – Police in Massachusetts have charged a man they say got so angry when he found out that Taco Bell was closed that he sped off in his car, crashed into a free-standing ATM building, and knocked himself unconscious.
Police say Derrick LaForest pulled up to the drive-thru in Pittsfield at 1:30 a.m. Thursday and when no one came to serve him, honked his horn for two minutes.
The Berkshire Eagle reports that after a worker told him the restaurant was closed, he tore away at high speed, struck a curb, lost control, and smashed into the building. He refused medical attention.
LaForest told police he didn’t remember hitting the building.
He has been released on $500 bail after pleading not guilty to reckless operation and vandalism.WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Suspects killed in shooting with TPD officer identified
- Cops: Teen dies after shooting Lakeland security guard in face with pellet gun
- Alligator kills 85lb. family dog on Hilton Head Island
- Roaches close 2 Tampa Bay area restaurants
- CA substitute teacher meltdown caught on video
- Woman accused of having sex with a Dachshund
- Police: Upon finding Taco Bell closed, angry man smashes car
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines