TAMPA (WFLA) — The Tampa Police Department is investigating why a man was found with deadly upper body trauma on E. Palifox Street Sunday evening.
Officers arrived at E. Palifox Street near N 44th Street just after 9 p.m. Sunday to find Donta Allen, 33, suffering from “upper body trauma.” He was transported to Tampa General Hospital where he later died.
Police are investigating Allen’s death as a murder, which they say, “does not appear to be random.”
Detectives learned that roughly 20 minutes before his murder, Allen was dropped off near NetPark Tampa Bay on E. Hillsborough Avenue. Police do not quite know how Allen ended up at Palifox and 44th Street shortly after that.
The police department is asking anyone with information that could help this investigation to call 1-800-873-8477. You may be eligible for a cash reward.
- Hillsborough County sets turnout record for opening day of early voting
- Saved by social media: Car stolen with dog inside leads to social media hunt and discovery on I-275
- Rays take the field ahead of Game 1 of the World Series
- Arians discusses importance of in-game adjustments in win over Packers
- Study: Florida’s top phobia is virus, germs