SARASOTA, Fla. (WFLA) – Sarasota police say a driver was traveling 64 mph in a 15-mph school zone.
Officers spotted the vehicle traveling at a high rate of speed near Southside Elementary Tuesday morning, according to police.
“This is nearly four times the speed limit,” police said in a message on Facebook.
Police said the driver was issued a citation and an automatic court date.
”The safety of our children is our #1 priority. Please slow down,” the post continued.
- Benn’s 2nd goal in OT pushes Dallas Stars past Lightning 3-2
- Petition calls on NBA to change logo in honor of Kobe Bryant
- Murder trial underway for Florida woman killed on vacation
- 12-year-old child among 5 injured in head-on collision in Pasco Co.
- Man sentenced to 1,015 years-to-life on 41 counts of child molestation