SARASOTA, Fla. (WFLA) – Sarasota police say a driver was traveling 64 mph in a 15-mph school zone.
Officers spotted the vehicle traveling at a high rate of speed near Southside Elementary Tuesday morning, according to police.
“This is nearly four times the speed limit,” police said in a message on Facebook.
Police said the driver was issued a citation and an automatic court date.
”The safety of our children is our #1 priority. Please slow down,” the post continued.
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Increasing humidity today with above average temperatures
- ‘Nothing short of a nightmare’: Tampa man shares personal story about Brain Fog symptoms
- Coach O says LSU NEEDS this Spring Game
- Coronavirus vaccination required to attend Buffalo Bills games, officials say
- Family, police hope to identify driver who hit 84-year-old man on Bayshore Boulevard