PINELLAS COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) — A 29-year-old woman was arrested Thursday in Pinellas County after leaving four children at home for an extended period of time while she left to buy cigarettes, an arrest report states.
When Bing left the home Wednesday, the arrest report states a 5-year-old girl under her care was accidentally burned with a lighter. She suffered extensive burns to the right side of her chest and right arm, resulting in bad wounds and blisters.
Police say Kashawna Bing was arrested around 8:15 p.m. and charged with child neglect with great bodily harm.
The arrest report doesn’t mention injuries to any other child in the home.
- Coronavirus stories: Florida couple keeps business alive with FaceTime photoshoots
- Coronavirus: Boaters get stern warning from Pinellas officials for not following orders
- Tampa YMCA keeps Veggie Van rolling during pandemic
- Disney suspends annual passholder payments during coronavirus closure
- HBO to stream 500 hours of programming for free