CORAL SPRINGS, Fla. (AP) — A 44-year-old South Florida pastor is accused of kissing and fondling a 15-year-old boy.
A police report says Maurice Dave Lyn was arrested Tuesday on three counts of lewd and lascivious behavior. Broward Judge Jackie Powell set Lyn’s bond at $75,000 during a Wednesday hearing.
Court records say Lyn offered to take the teen shopping for school supplies on Aug. 6. When they returned to the boy’s apartment, Lyn asked if anyone was home. The boy told investigators when he told him no, Lyn pushed him against a counter and began kissing him.
The South Florida SunSentinel reports defense attorney Ken Hassett argued the charges should be combined. He also said they plan to plead not guilty.
Lyn is pastor of the Church of God of Prophecy in Deerfield Beach.
- Additional doses of COVID-19 vaccine may be needed to protect against variants, Tampa doctor says
- Couple goes viral after fiancé proposes with five engagement rings
- FEMA’s funeral program overwhelmed by 1 million calls on first day
- ‘Godzilla shark’: 300 million-year-old fossil discovered in New Mexico
- ‘I’m going home’ Colorado police officer on administrative leave after arrest of woman with dementia over $14 theft