HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) — A pilot walked away without any injuries after making a “hard landing” in a field near the Selmon Expressway Monday afternoon.
The plane was en route to Peter O’Knight when it suffered an engine failure, the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office said. The plane had just been serviced and was conducting a test flight. It lasted less than five minutes.
The aircraft belongs to Atlas Aviation.
- Registered sex offender accused of raping Florida woman after fake job interview, police say
- Security video captures jail inmate’s fall through ceiling during escape attempt
- Thousands turn out for first day of Gasparilla Distance Classic
- Treat yourself! It’s National Margarita Day
- Social media companies battling misinformation ahead of 2020 election