TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – A plan is being considered to demolish portion of Interstate 275 and replace it with a pedestrian-friendly boulevard.
Josh Frank is the man behind the project. To him, it’s all about efficiency.
“You can have a train or a bus or autonomous vehicle in this center corridor in the median. In addition to that, there are six lanes of vehicular traffic,” he explained of the project.
His plans also include interior bike lanes.
To do all this, Frank said the cause of the congestion on I-275, the Downtown Interchange, would have to go.News Channel 8’s Jenn Holloway has much more on this story in the video above.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- Florida’s 2017 Back-to-School Sales Tax Holiday: What to Know
- Another controversial video under FWC scrutiny, hammerhead shark shot, killed
- Family-run marijuana grow operation busted in Hillsborough County
- Death of Snooty the manatee being investigated by private, state, federal agencies
- Siesta Key star Alex Kompothecras says he’s disgusted by shark dragging video
- Better Call Behnken: Dealership refunds van after our investigation into odometer rollback fraud
- ‘Beauty bandits’ arrested for slew of thefts in Florida