ROCKDALE COUNTY, GA (WFLA) – A pit bull puppy about 6 months old suffered chemical burns so severe it almost died.
WXIA reported that the female pit bull was tied to a tree in a wooded area. Its skin, especially across its face and head, was raw and bleeding. According to WXIA, the veterinarians first thought it was a severe case of mange, but the pup wasn’t responding to the treatment.
Veterinarians were considering euthanizing her but Merle Mohr of Paws and Stars Animal Rescue suggested that somebody might have poured some chemical on the dog and then tied her to a tree leaving her to die.
“She was cowering on the floor, shaking, just bleeding,” Mohr said.
Mohr took the dog in and named her Sophie. Sophie responded to the acid burn treatment and started eating. Her fever was broken too.
You can read more about Sophie here.WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Man shot and killed in Clearwater identifieds
- FedEx employee naps, is shipped with packages to Texas
- Girl, 5, recovering after dog attack
- Police: Boy, 12, arrested after knife, toy gun incidents
- Principal paddles kindergartner, ignites outrage online
- Suspect in Dover double homicide arrested in KY
- Deputies: Woman strangled to death after her birthday party
- Baby mysteriously dies on first day of daycare
- Road rage incident with motorcyclists turned into beating for Tampa Bay area man
- Brain disorder keeps Michigan boy stuck in Tampa hospital
- Woman indicted, accused of live streaming friend’s rape
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines