LARGO, Fla. (WFLA) – A 62-year-old woman who was artificially inseminated and gave birth to a baby who was killed by her six-year-old son was sentenced on Monday.
Kathleen Steele was sentenced to five years’ probation, after pleading guilty to leaving the child unattended in the car with the six-year-old.
The baby was 13 days-old when Steele’s son beat her to death.
Steele’s sons were alone with their little sister in her van, the baby started crying. Officials said the 6-year-old boy took the baby from her car seat, shook her and slammed her head against the ceiling.
The sheriff said that an autopsy showed the baby girl suffered severe head trauma and had multiple skull fractures.
The six-year-old was not criminally charged. He and his younger brother were taken into DCF custody.STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON –
- Police: Army vet charged in fatal shooting of service dog found dead
- Starkey Park wildfire burns 2,275 acres, 70 percent contained
- What happens when you use expired medications?
- Police identify man killed in officer-involved shooting in Tarpon Springs
- Nicki Minaj pays college costs for Twitter fans
- Man hit, killed by Amtrak train in Tampa
- Sonic boom heard across Florida as Air Force lands space plane