TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Manatee season is over, which means most of the manatees have left Florida’s freshwater springs and returned to sea.
Over the past few weeks, scattered numbers of manatees have been seen heading toward the Gulf of Mexico.
Michael McCarthy was out on his See Through Canoe last week when he noticed a mating herd passing through the intracoastal waterway near Indian Rocks Beach.
McCarthy said the group could be seen chasing each other around the shallow area.
You can catch all of the action in the video player above.
- STORM TEAM 8 FORECAST: Not much rain; lots of heat and humidity
- Gas prices rise as states reopen
- Deputies investigating fatal shooting in Weeki Wachee
- STORM TEAM 8 FORECAST: Very hot and mostly dry to start the new week
- Data shows Fourth of July was busy travel day despite pandemic