TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Manatee season is over, which means most of the manatees have left Florida’s freshwater springs and returned to sea.
Over the past few weeks, scattered numbers of manatees have been seen heading toward the Gulf of Mexico.
Michael McCarthy was out on his See Through Canoe last week when he noticed a mating herd passing through the intracoastal waterway near Indian Rocks Beach.
McCarthy said the group could be seen chasing each other around the shallow area.
You can catch all of the action in the video player above.
- Former Port Richey Mayor Dale Massad accepts plea deal, 3-year prison sentence
- Prosecutor: Tampa police justified in 2 separate shootings
- Super Bowl LV ‘wasn’t a super spreader’ event, Hillsborough Co. health officials say
- Hillsborough County expands vaccine eligibility at Ed Radice site
- New Port Richey bridal trunk show to benefit hospice patients this weekend