CLEARWATER, Fla. (WFLA) – UPDATE: The driver of the car who fled the scene of a hit-and run crash that injured one person has been arrested.
Clearwater police say the driver, 36-year-old Darrell Thomas, parked the car in the 1100 block of Drew Street after leaving the scene of the crash.
Thomas has been charged with DUI with injuries, leaving the scene of a crash involving injuries, and driving with a license suspended or revoked. He is being booked into the Pinellas County Jail Friday evening.
Police say the victim is undergoing treatment at Bayfront Health St.Petersburg. His injuries are no longer considered to be life-threatening.
ORIGINAL STORY: A victim was flown the scene of a hit-and-run crash in Clearwater on Friday.
Clearwater Police and Clearwater Fire & Rescue were called to the crash at 3:39 p.m. at Eldridge Street and Pennsylvania Avenue.
One of the vehicle involved in the crash fled the scene.
A crash victim, an adult man, was flown to Bayfront Health St. Petersburg with possible life-threatening injuries.
Clearwater Public Safety says motorists should avoid the intersection as the investigation continues.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Trump State Department aide charged with assault at Capitol
- Man accused of killing mother and children found dead in St. Louis
- ‘She was so little:’ Mom delivers premature ‘miracle’ baby in car during Texas storm
- Bucs’ WR Mike Evans helps raise money for cancer research
- Pasco DCF employee, husband accused of sexually abusing teen daughter