ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) – A 17-year-old girl has passed away after a Ford Mustang struck her while she was standing on the sidewalk in St. Petersburg.
According to police, as both the Ford and a Jeep Patriot approached 3rd Avenue North while driving on MLK Jr. Street around 4:45 p.m., the Ford turned left from the center lane and struck the Jeep in the eastern curb lane.
As the cars collided, the Ford Mustang drove onto the sidewalk and hit 17-yea-old Liamar Matos-Gonzalez.
Matos-Gonzalez was pushed into a tree and was pronounced dead at the scene.
So far, no charges have been filed against either of the drivers involved in the crash. The St. Petersburg Police Department said the crash is still under investigation.
- Newsfeed Now: President Trump heads to Arizona, Biden works virtually from Delaware
- Trump, Biden schedule Tampa rallies Thursday as campaigns hit crunch time
- Melania Trump slams Biden, Dems in first solo campaign stop
- 6-year-old boy’s ‘YouCanBeABCs’ rap video inspires kids to dream big
- Authorities: Child, bus driver killed in Tennessee school bus crash