ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) – A 17-year-old girl has passed away after a Ford Mustang struck her while she was standing on the sidewalk in St. Petersburg.
According to police, as both the Ford and a Jeep Patriot approached 3rd Avenue North while driving on MLK Jr. Street around 4:45 p.m., the Ford turned left from the center lane and struck the Jeep in the eastern curb lane.
As the cars collided, the Ford Mustang drove onto the sidewalk and hit 17-yea-old Liamar Matos-Gonzalez.
Matos-Gonzalez was pushed into a tree and was pronounced dead at the scene.
So far, no charges have been filed against either of the drivers involved in the crash. The St. Petersburg Police Department said the crash is still under investigation.
- Winter chill brings shock to those visiting Tampa Bay area
- Mexico begins flying, busing migrants back to Honduras
- Highland’s deputies searching for 81-year-old woman last seen on Friday
- Police investigating battery report outside Antonio Brown’s Florida home
- Storm Team 8 Forecast: Near Freezing Temps Tonight