TARPON SPRINGS, Fla. (WFLA) – Police say a Tarpon Springs woman shot and killed her fiancé’s dog while they were arguing early Friday morning.
Online records show Giselle Taylor, 21, was booked around 6:45 a.m. Friday for aggravated cruelty to animals.
According to an affidavit, Taylor got into a verbal argument with her live-in boyfriend because he would not crack her back.
Police said Taylor walked into their garage, grabbed a loaded pistol and returned to the home to scare her fiancé.
When she couldn’t provoke a response, she pointed a firearm at his dog and fired one round, which bullet penetrated the dog’s upper left torso.
The 2-year-old boxer later died.
Police said Taylor fled the scene and was stopped shortly after the shooting.
She was booked into the Pinellas County Jail and released on a $5,000 bail.WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON –
- Caller told FBI Florida shooting suspect ‘going to explode’
- Graham’s body to make journey from mountains to Charlotte
- Plant City teen battling cancer dies weeks after marrying girlfriend
- Here is Gov. Scott’s entire plan to keep Florida students safe
- 8 fun things to do this weekend in Tampa Bay