LARGO, Fla. (WFLA) – A Tampa Bay area solider has died while serving in Jordan.
According to the Department of Defense, Spc. Nick Bravo-Regules, 20, from Largo, Florida, died June 23 while supporting operations in the U.S. Central Command area of responsibility, from a non-combat-related incident.
The incident is currently under investigation.
The goal of the operation is to “work by, with and through regional partners to militarily defeat the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria, or ISIS, in order to enable whole-of-coalition governmental actions to increase regional stability,” according to the DoD’s website.
Bravo-Regules was assigned to 2nd Battalion, 43rd Air Defense Artillery Regiment, 11th ADA Brigade, Fort Bliss, Texas.
MORE TOP STORIES
- AMBER Alert canceled for 2 girls found safe after 2 boys found dead in Kansas
- Silver Alert canceled after Clearwater man with memory issues found
- Ivanka Trump to hold ‘Make America Great Again!’ campaign event in Sarasota on Tuesday
- ‘Florida and America need 4 more years of Pres. Donald Trump’: VP Mike Pence rallies supporters in Lakeland just 10 days before election
- Hundreds in Tampa take part in ‘Parade to the Polls’