ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) – St. Petersburg police have arrested the suspect wanted for homicide following a fatal alleyway shooting on Oct. 12.
Police arrested and charged 22-year-old Ajani Welch with the first-degree murder of 23-year-old Artez Davis.
Davis was walking in an alleyway near 18th Avenue South and 47th Street when Welch fired the shots that killed Davis, according to police.
A Crimestoppers tip led to the arrest in Hillsborough County Wednesday night. Welch is being transferred to Pinellas County.
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Rain chances to slowly fade, drier trend to take over
- PHOTOS: Modern ‘Hobbit hole’ hits the market far from Middle Earth
- One of Great Wallendas passes away, family says
- Steak ‘n Shake replaces table service with self-serve kiosks
- Doctor creates balloon art for emergency room patients, colleagues