ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) – A man is in critical condition after an officer-involved shooting in St. Petersburg.
Officers responded just before 1 p.m. to a man pacing on the walkway over the interstate at 27 Avenue North carrying a large knife.
According to police, the man would not respond to officers or negotiators. After about 45 minutes, they say, he advanced toward officers and one of the officers shot him.
The man is in critical condition. No officers were injured.
- St. Petersburg museum on mission to improve Holocaust education statewide
- Couple accused of having sex on Myrtle Beach Ferris wheel and in community pool to make porn videos arrested again
- Three victims in fiery Hudson crash remembered
- Dog rescued after being spotted running in northbound lanes of I-275
- Sarasota Police Chief Bernadette DiPino to resign, effective Friday