ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) – A man is in critical condition after an officer-involved shooting in St. Petersburg.
Officers responded just before 1 p.m. to a man pacing on the walkway over the interstate at 27 Avenue North carrying a large knife.
According to police, the man would not respond to officers or negotiators. After about 45 minutes, they say, he advanced toward officers and one of the officers shot him.
The man is in critical condition. No officers were injured.
- 21-year-old speeds, hydroplanes into power pole in Pinellas County
- Walmart pledges $100 million to advance racial equity
- Hotel ends free stay for COVID-19 nurse who slept in van to shield her family
- VIDEO: Protesters block 3 Mile Bridge, one seen riding on the hood of a vehicle in Florida
- Protesters continue to gather in Downtown Tampa in latest George Floyd demonstration