ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) – A man who was shot in St. Petersburg Tuesday night has died, according to police.
Police said 23-year-old Damien Wiggins Jr. was shot around 11 p.m. in the parking lot of a vacant business in the 4600 block of Haines Road.
He was taken to the hospital, where he later died.
“The investigation is considered a homicide and detectives continue to work to determine what happened and identify a suspect,” St. Pete police spokeswoman Yolanda Fernandez said in a news release.
Further information was not available.
- Winter chill brings shock to those visiting Tampa Bay area
- Mexico begins flying, busing migrants back to Honduras
- Highland’s deputies searching for 81-year-old woman last seen on Friday
- Police investigating battery report outside Antonio Brown’s Florida home
- Storm Team 8 Forecast: Near Freezing Temps Tonight