ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) – An “aggressive panhandler” who was asking for money while carrying a crowbar was arrested in St. Petersburg last week, police said.
According to an affidavit, officers noticed Jeremy Alexander Norris approach customers outside of the Casita Taqueria on Central Avenue early Wednesday evening.
Police say he was asking for $4 while carrying a 4-foot long crowbar.
“The defendant [Norris] did engage in the act of panhandling within the city limits by soliciting customers for money on private property without the permission of the owner,” the affidavit states.
Norris was arrested for aggressive panhandling and remains at the Pinellas County Jail.
- David L. Lander, best known as ‘Squiggy’ on Laverne & Shirley, dies at 73
- College students surprise professor with heartwarming thank you message, video goes viral
- McRib is back for the first time in 8 years
- FDA authorizes first at-home COVID-19 and flu combination test
- Officials: 17th Florida panther struck, killed by vehicle this year