ST. PETERSBURG (WFLA) — A 37-year-old St. Petersburg man was arrested after he left his three children home alone so he could meet up with a 14-year-old for sex, arrest reports state.
Police arrested Robert Michael Berry Wednesday afternoon when he showed up to a Holiday Inn hotel to meet an undercover detective posing as a 14-year-old child.
The arrest report says Berry started chatting with what he thought was a minor on a messaging app called Skout. Police said Berry admitted to the sexually explicit chat he engaged in on the app.
Berry was also charged with child neglect for leaving his 4, 5, and 7-year-old child home alone while meeting the minor.
Police charged Berry with three counts of child neglect, unlawful use of a cellphone, and traveling to meet a minor.
- Congresswoman Greene files articles of impeachment against President Biden
- Police: Man dead after shooting at Tampa apartment complex, investigation underway
- Florida stops releasing number of people overdue for second dose of COVID vaccine
- Flu rate drops dramatically due to COVID-19 precautions
- Amazon is offering to help Biden get 100 million COVID-19 vaccinations to Americans in 100 days