ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) – A 28-year-old man is $2 million richer after buying a scratch-off ticket at a St. Pete Winn-Dixie.
Luka Vidakovic of St. Petersburg, hit the jackpot, winning $2 million, The Florida Lottery officials said in a news release, and chose to receive his winnings as a one-time, lump-sum payment of $1,475,000.00.
Vidakovic won the money on a the $2,000,000 CASHWORD Scratch-Off game, which he bought at Winn Dixie, located at 1049 62nd Avenue in St. Petersburg. The store gets a $4,000 bonus commission for selling the winning ticket.
The $10 Scratch-Off game, launched in August 2017, features six top prizes of $2 million and over 6,000 prizes between $1,000 to $2 million. The overall odds of winning are one-in-3.38.
- ‘Felt like I was able to breathe’: Relief in Tampa for many after guilty verdict in Chauvin trial
- Florida transgender athlete bill may be dead for the year, bill sponsor says
- St. Petersburg residents react to Chauvin verdict
- 2021 Publix Gasparilla Distance Classic Race Weekend
- Las Vegas Raiders receive backlash for ‘I can breathe’ tweet following Chauvin verdict