ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) – The St. Pete City Council on Thursday voted to sell Bayfront Health St. Petersburg to nonprofit health care company Orlando Health.
Six council members voted in favor of the proposal to sell the 480-bed facility, which is the city’s oldest and largest hospital. Council member Amy Foster voted against it.
The hospital’s 50-year lease will soon be transferred to Orlando Health.
This is a developing story. Please check back for updates.
- Tampa man wanted for first-degree murder taken into custody
- New consulting firm focuses on enhancing diversity within local businesses
- Legendary car salesman Billy Fuccillo, known for ‘HUGE’ commercials, dies at Florida home
- WATCH: Leaders call on Gov. DeSantis to take action on Florida’s connection to Capitol insurrection
- Celebrate dad during Tampa Bay Restaurant Week, with the Lightning, more this weekend