PINELLAS PARK, Fla. (WFLA) – Pinellas Park police say an employee was fatally shot at a Walmart Neighborhood Market Friday. The suspect remains at large.
Police say the shooting took place in the rear dock area of the Walmart located at 6900 US Highway 19. Multiple shots were fired.
The employee, 21-year-old Terrell Deshaun Williams, was taken to a local hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
According to police, Williams was on break and was behind Walmart when a white sedan drove to where he was. Two black men exited the car and shot Williams multiple times prior to fleeing in the same vehicle.
Police say they are still looking for the shooter or shooters and believe the man was targeted. Anyone with information is asked to call the police department at 727-369-7804.
Walmart released the following statement to 8 On Your Side’s Chip Osowski:
“Our thoughts and prayers are with the family of our associate Terrell Williams. We are assisting law enforcement however possible.”
No other information has been released at this time.
Please check back for the latest updates on this story.
- Beware of carnivorous hammerhead worms wreaking havoc on lawns
- TRACKING THE TROPICS: Tropical Depression 16 forms in the Atlantic
- North Port community holds candlelight vigil for Gabby Petito
- ‘I wanted to support her’: Barber shaves own head to comfort woman battling breast cancer
- COVID-19 variants: What happens when we finish the Greek alphabet?