PINELLAS PARK, Fla. (WFLA) – Pinellas Park police say an employee was fatally shot at a Walmart Neighborhood Market Friday. The suspect remains at large.
Police say the shooting took place in the rear dock area of the Walmart located at 6900 US Highway 19. Multiple shots were fired.
The employee, 21-year-old Terrell Deshaun Williams, was taken to a local hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
According to police, Williams was on break and was behind Walmart when a white sedan drove to where he was. Two black men exited the car and shot Williams multiple times prior to fleeing in the same vehicle.
Police say they are still looking for the shooter or shooters and believe the man was targeted. Anyone with information is asked to call the police department at 727-369-7804.
Walmart released the following statement to 8 On Your Side’s Chip Osowski:
“Our thoughts and prayers are with the family of our associate Terrell Williams. We are assisting law enforcement however possible.”
No other information has been released at this time.
Please check back for the latest updates on this story.
- Protester arrested after throwing bottles at deputies in Plant City
- Mourners hold memorial for Floyd as more protests take shape
- Coronavirus in Florida: State reports over 1,000 cases for 4th straight day
- Suspended Buffalo Police officers charged with second degree assault
- Heavy rainfall and tornado warnings: Tampa Bay feels effects of Cristobal