ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) – The St. Petersburg Police Department is currently investigating a crash that injured an eight-year-old girl.
The crash happened near 9th Ave. S and 16th St. S. when a van struck the child in the median lane.
The child is in critical condition with life-threatening injuries. Police officials tell News Channel 8 the driver is on scene cooperating with police.
The area of 16th St. S between 7th Ave. and 10th Ave. was closed as officers investigated as well as 9th Ave. between 15th St. to 17th St. S.
All roads have since reopened. Alcohol is not a factor and the investigation is ongoing.
Please check back for the latest updates.
- Mother-son pair to cross same graduation stage at North Dakota university
- Florida coronavirus: State reports 3,319 new cases, 56 new deaths
- COVID killed 5 of 10 Oklahoma siblings; youngest brother fights to save family farm
- Oldsmar crash leaves woman in critical condition
- Jesuit High School students, nonprofit give back to Gold Star mother