ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) – The St. Petersburg Police Department is currently investigating a crash that injured an eight-year-old girl.
The crash happened near 9th Ave. S and 16th St. S. when a van struck the child in the median lane.
The child is in critical condition with life-threatening injuries. Police officials tell News Channel 8 the driver is on scene cooperating with police.
The area of 16th St. S between 7th Ave. and 10th Ave. was closed as officers investigated as well as 9th Ave. between 15th St. to 17th St. S.
All roads have since reopened. Alcohol is not a factor and the investigation is ongoing.
Please check back for the latest updates.
- Eye scan could determine whether COVID patients will be ‘long haulers’
- Man arrested after teen killed, TikTok star wounded during ‘Purge’ screening at California theater
- Campbell’s Soup debuts new labels featuring modernized design and ‘hidden elements’
- Photos: Simone Biles attends men’s gymnastics all-around event
- Tampa Bay college students to add at least $5.6B in federal loan debt, according to FAFSA data