TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – UPDATE 10 p.m.: Currently, there are 4,392 customers without power. Lakeland Electric estimates power will be restored to all customers sometime tomorrow.
UPDATE 6 p.m.: Lakeland Electric customers can still expect some outages following the tornado damage done overnight in the area.
According to Lakeland Electric, as of 4 p.m., there were 8,388 customers without power. This number is expected to decrease as crews will complete several large restoration projects throughout the day.
Lakeland Electric said some of the more damaged areas will have their power restored tomorrow.
ORIGINAL STORY: News Channel 8 has learned of power outages in the Tampa Bay area that are affecting thousands of Duke Energy and Lakeland Electric customers.
Lakeland Electric reports over 8,000 outages in Lakeland with over 5,000 in the Kathleen area.
According to the Duke Energy outage map, over 100 customers are without power in Pinellas County.
Duke Energy says repairs and damage assessment is currently underway.
- Protesters gather outside Lindsey Graham’s home after he vows to vote for Ginsburg replacement
- DeSantis: State will defund Florida cities that want to defund the police
- Justice Ginsburg to lie in repose at the Supreme Court & U.S. Capitol
- “Life Below Zero” stars talk Alaska and wild bear stories
- US Marshals recover 35 missing Ohio children