TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – UPDATE 10 p.m.: Currently, there are 4,392 customers without power. Lakeland Electric estimates power will be restored to all customers sometime tomorrow.
UPDATE 6 p.m.: Lakeland Electric customers can still expect some outages following the tornado damage done overnight in the area.
According to Lakeland Electric, as of 4 p.m., there were 8,388 customers without power. This number is expected to decrease as crews will complete several large restoration projects throughout the day.
Lakeland Electric said some of the more damaged areas will have their power restored tomorrow.
ORIGINAL STORY: News Channel 8 has learned of power outages in the Tampa Bay area that are affecting thousands of Duke Energy and Lakeland Electric customers.
Lakeland Electric reports over 8,000 outages in Lakeland with over 5,000 in the Kathleen area.
According to the Duke Energy outage map, over 100 customers are without power in Pinellas County.
Duke Energy says repairs and damage assessment is currently underway.
- Abandoned newborn found dead in freezing weather; mother questioned
- Trump: Impeachment has been ‘very hard on my family’
- Browns star Garrett facing NFL discipline after outburst
- STORM TEAM 8 FORECAST: Stormy start to Friday; cooler air for the weekend
- Dogs seized in September to find forever homes on ‘adoption day’ Sunday