ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) – Five people were shot after a fight spilled out of a club and into a parking lot in St. Petersburg early Thursday morning, police said. Three others were injured in the fracas, according to police.
Police said officers were called to the parking lot of Cabana Sands, 4300 6th Street South just after midnight to investigate a hit-and-run crash.
During their investigation, police heard several shots and saw a crowd disperse.
Police said none of the victims remained at the scene, but eight people arrived at area hospitals with various injuries, five of which suffered non-life-threatening gunshot wounds. Most of the victims have since been released from the hospital, according to police.
Police said they identified two people who may have been involved, but did not say whether they will be charged.
The investigation is ongoing.
Police did not provide any information regarding the hit-and-run they were previously investigating.
Police are asking anyone with information regarding the incident to call detectives at 727-893-7780.
- Obama to campaign for Joe Biden in Florida today
- 115-year-old Confederate monument removed from Alabama courthouse
- Confederate statue outside Alabama courthouse removed overnight
- Trump to cast his presidential vote in Florida today
- 3 dead in multi-vehicle crash in Lake Wales