ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) – Five people were shot after a fight spilled out of a club and into a parking lot in St. Petersburg early Thursday morning, police said. Three others were injured in the fracas, according to police.
Police said officers were called to the parking lot of Cabana Sands, 4300 6th Street South just after midnight to investigate a hit-and-run crash.
During their investigation, police heard several shots and saw a crowd disperse.
Police said none of the victims remained at the scene, but eight people arrived at area hospitals with various injuries, five of which suffered non-life-threatening gunshot wounds. Most of the victims have since been released from the hospital, according to police.
Police said they identified two people who may have been involved, but did not say whether they will be charged.
The investigation is ongoing.
Police did not provide any information regarding the hit-and-run they were previously investigating.
Police are asking anyone with information regarding the incident to call detectives at 727-893-7780.
- Florida health officials to require proof of residency to receive COVID-19 vaccine
- Border crossing briefly shuts down as asylum-seekers try to enter U.S.
- ‘Bernie mittens’ sell out hours after Inauguration
- Deputies: Child dies after being left alone in bathtub by Plant City elementary school teacher
- LIVE: Biden signs 10 virus orders, requires masks for travel