ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) – St. Pete police say a man was killed after the brakes of his motorcycle locked up and he was ejected from the bike.
The accident happened on Park Street North shortly before 6 p.m. on Wednesday.
According to police, the man was passing vehicles and had stopped in the median lane when his rear brake locked up. This caused the motorcycle to flip over and the man was thrown from the bike. Police said he was not wearing a helmet.
The man was taken to St. Pete General hospital in critical condition, then flown to Bayfront Health St. Petersburg where he later died.
Further information, including the man’s name, was not released.
- ‘Taco Tuesday’ Taco Bell plans to feed America this Tuesday
- Parents, neighbors surprise 8-year-old boy with non-traditional birthday celebration in St. Pete
- Pizzeria borrows to keep workers on job, spurs meal donations to medical workers, first responders
- Deputies: Tampa Bay church violates social distancing guidelines
- Florida sheriff: Man coughs on deputy, says he has virus