ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) – A transient man was arrested Saturday after police say he threatened to shoot everyone at Bayfront Health and blow up the hospital.
Kenneth Joseph Hunt, 57, is also accused of assaulting a security guard, according to an affidavit.
Police were called to Bayfront Health Saturday for a disturbance. They said Hunt had threatened to return to the hospital and cut people with a knife. He also threatened to shoot everyone at the facility and to blow up the hospital.
Police said Hunt refused to exit a hospital room and tried to punch a security guard who was escorting him out of it, after he threw a bag at him, the affidavit states.
He later apologized to officers, saying what he had done was “stupid.”
Hunt was arrested for false report about planting a bomb, explosives or weapon of mass destruction and simple assault.
He’s being held at the Pinellas County Jail on a $10,150 bond.
- North Carolina funeral home uses puppy to help grieving families
- Tampa search dog helps in Puerto Rico following earthquakes
- Mother dog found on side of road pulling crate with her 4 puppies inside
- Storm Team 8 Forecast: Warm Friday ahead of a cold front set to cool weekend temps
- Grieving mother spreads message for Tampa Bay drivers to ‘move over’ for emergency vehicles