ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) – Police have opened a death investigation after a man was found dead in a parking lot after hanging out at a sports bar in a nearby shopping plaza.
Police were called to 94th Avenue North around 4:40 a.m. Tuesday and found 48-year-old Scott Jenks dead in the parking lot.
Police said there was evidence of trauma, but it’s unclear exactly how the man died.
8 On Your Side spoke with a man who was in his van in the parking lot and heard the commotion.
“And heard somebody yelling, screaming, cussing, swearing all up and down but I was too tired to figure out what was going on,” Bot Whitcomb said.
Detectives said Jenks was at “The Sports Bar” prior to his death and are asking anyone who may have seen or heard something Monday night or Tuesday morning to call them at 727-893-7780.
You can also send an anonymous message by texting “SPPD” and your tip to
The investigation is ongoing.
- Florida coronavirus: Percent positivity below 10% for second straight day
- Fatal St. Pete house fire was a murder-suicide, police say
- Newsfeed Now: Tracking Isaias; Stimulus negotiations continue
- U.S. Marines ID all 9 service members killed in sea-tank sinking
- Missing teen found alive after 9 days in woods