PINELLAS PARK, Fla. (WFLA) – A homicide investigation is underway in Pinellas Park after police say a man found his brother dead in his home overnight.
Officers were called to the suspicious death around midnight on 62 Way North. When they got to the scene, police found a 48-year-old man dead in his own home. Homicide detectives say the man suffered trauma to his upper body.
Sgt. Mike Lynch with the Pinellas Park Police Department says the victim’s brother initially found the body and called police.
Police do not believe there is any danger to the public at this time. They say the incident appears to be isolated to the victim and his home.
Authorities are not releasing the victim’s name yet because family members are still being notified.
This is a developing story. Please check back for updates.
- Hillsborough County expands vaccine eligibility at Ed Radice site
- New Port Richey bridal trunk show to benefit hospice patients this weekend
- Police warn of possible threat to Capitol by militia group Thursday
- Pet sickness, death linked to flea and tick collar, investigation finds
- Newsfeed Now: Voting rights takes center stage on Capitol Hill; Musician helps NASA put a microphone on Mars