PINELLAS COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – Pinellas Park police are currently investigating a serious crash involving three cars.
Police say the crash happened around 3:15 p.m. at the intersection of 49th Street North and 94th Avenue North.
After an initial investigation, Pinellas Park police said they found that 56-year-old Leonard Matthews of Pinellas Park was driving north on 49th Street and made a left turn attempting to go west on 94th Avenue. While making the turn, Matthews drove into the path of 24-year-old Cody Stotler, who was driving a Honda Accord, causing a crash.
As a result, Stotler’s Honda Accord then hit a Maserati driven by 24-year-old Ayaiza Roque, who was stopped on 94th Avenue at the red light.
Matthews was taken to a local hospital where he is currently receiving medicial treatment and is listed in critical condition.
The two other drivers did not receive any injuries.
No criminal charges are involved in this case and the crash is still being investigated.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Missouri mayor defends concerts, parties during COVID-19 pandemic
- Florida man buys Porsche, Rolex with fake check printed from home computer, deputies say
- Bioluminescent waves glow in the dark at California beach
- Trump says more Americans will be lost to coronavirus
- Clearwater police bust teens accused of trying to steal a car during a department softball game