ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) – Police are investigating two separate shootings within blocks of each other in St. Petersburg.
Police said a woman called 911 around 3:20 a.m. to report a man had been shot at their home in the 1000 block of 13th Avenue. He suffered fatal injuries, according to police.
A little over an hour later, police responded to reports of shots fired in the area of 10th Avenue South and 14th Street South and found a man lying in the street. The man was taken to the hospital, where he was pronounced deceased, police said.
It’s still unclear whether the shootings are related or if anyone is in custody.
This is a developing story. Please check back for updates.
- Lawsuit plaintiffs; Regulators ‘asleep at the wheel’ before Piney Point disaster
- GOP Leader McCarthy opposes Jan. 6 commission ahead of vote
- Polk tow company owner accused of shooting, killing customer who was picking up impounded car
- Carlie Brucia’s killer given new sentencing hearing
- Newsfeed Now: Investigation underway after train derailment in Iowa; Trap shooter ready to compete in Olympics