ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA)—Police are investigating a shooting that injured one person at a gas station in St. Petersburg on Saturday.
The shooting happened at a Mobil gas station in the 100 block of 24th Avenue South shortly before 9 p.m.
Police said an altercation occurred between two people and one of them was shot. That person was taken to a local hospital to be treated for non-life-threatening injuries.
The other person was arrested on aggravated battery charges.
Further information was not immediately available.
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Two cold fronts pass this week
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Spring-like temps breakup with Tampa, cold front arrives midweek
- Florida coronavirus: State reports 5,539 new COVID-19 cases and 118 deaths
- Raptors’ virus issues worsen, game vs. Bulls called off
- Golfer drowns in pond while searching for his ball at Oldsmar country club