PINELLAS COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – Pinellas County Sheriff Bob Gualtieri has tested positive for coronavirus, according to the sheriff’s office.
Gualtieri tested positive late Friday afternoon and currently has mild symptoms.
The sheriff’s office said his symptoms began with a loss of taste and smell. He has no fever or respiratory issues.
Gualtieri will stay at home for 10 days and will work remotely during the time he is out of the office, according to PCSO.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Clemson QB Trevor Lawrence tests positive for COVID-19
- Pope ends public audiences, limits numbers at Christmas as virus surges
- Trump meets with rap star Lil Wayne in Florida
- Men do good in the community in ‘Mr. Central Florida’ competition
- Florida man arrested in crash that killed father of New England Patriots RB James White