PINELLAS COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – Pinellas County Sheriff Bob Gualtieri has tested positive for coronavirus, according to the sheriff’s office.
Gualtieri tested positive late Friday afternoon and currently has mild symptoms.
The sheriff’s office said his symptoms began with a loss of taste and smell. He has no fever or respiratory issues.
Gualtieri will stay at home for 10 days and will work remotely during the time he is out of the office, according to PCSO.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- ‘He made me proud’: St. Pete mother remembers son killed in Pensacola naval base shooting
- Endangered whale gives birth while entangled in fishing rope
- Unvaccinated patients would pay their own hospital bills under new proposal
- ‘Bucs with BA’: Bruce Arians explains pass-heavy offense in convincing win over Falcons
- 15-year-old Sarasota High School student arrested over alleged school shooting threat