CLEARWATER, Fla. (WFLA) – The driver of a pickup truck has been hospitalized after crashing into a townhome Sunday night in Clearwater.
According to Clearwater police, they received a call around 8:45 p.m. from a location near Ruth Eckerd Hall for the incident.
Both Clearwater police and Clearwater Fire & Rescue arrived at the scene, which located at 1231 Abbey Crescent Lane, and found significant damage to the structure.
The driver was taken Mease Countryside Hospital for treatment. A man inside the kitchen who was hit by debris denied medical transport.
Firefighters are on scene making sure the structure is safe.
No other information has been released at this time.
Please check back for the latest updates on this story.
- Oregon veteran recovers from COVID-19, celebrates 104th birthday
- Samuel L. Jackson’s advice for the COVID-19 pandemic? ‘Stay the f— at home’
- World Games 2021 dates clash with postponed Summer Olympics
- Small businesses still open keeping hope in midst of coronavirus pandemic
- Smart thermometer data shows fewer fevers in Tampa Bay, indicating a slower spread of coronavirus