PINELLAS PARK, Fla. (WFLA) – A person in a wheelchair was killed Friday morning after being hit by a vehicle in Pinellas Park.
The incident occurred in the area of Ulmerton Road and 34th Street North around 12:39 a.m.
The person in the wheelchair was rushed to the hospital and died of their injuries.
It’s unclear if the driver stayed at the site of the crash or whether they are cooperating with the investigation.
The crash has shut down the westbound lanes of Ulmerton Road at 34th Street.
- City of Largo bringing holiday cheer with annual light display at park
- Biden to deliver Thanksgiving address amid steep rise in Covid cases
- It’s not December yet, but Elf on the Shelf 2020 is already very different
- Teen nearly dies after getting syndrome tied to COVID-19
- AAA: Pandemic not keeping families off the road this Thanksgiving