PINELLAS COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA)—A pedestrian walking across a road was struck and killed by an SUV in Pinellas County on Tuesday, according to the Florida Highway Patrol.
Troopers said the 58-year-old St. Pete man was crossing 54th Avenue North near 26th Street North when he was hit by the vehicle.
The man died at the scene.
Troopers said the driver of the SUV, a 57-year-old man from Lakewood Ranch, was not hurt.
Further information was not immediately available.
- Florida has only distributed 50% of COVID-19 vaccine supply, WH press secretary says
- When will Florida’s statewide COVID-19 vaccine registration system launch?
- Sarasota health care workers invited to Super Bowl LV excited to watch Bucs play at Raymond James
- ‘This is a huge safety issue’: Sarasota leaders concerned about city’s growing dirt bike, ATV problem
- Security preps going into place in Tampa ahead of Super Bowl LV