LARGO, Fla. (WFLA) – A child pedestrian has died after he was hit and killed after stepping into a roadway in Largo.
According to the Largo Police Department, officers responded to a vehicle versus pedestrian crash on East Bay Drive just west of Highland Avenue around 7:25 p.m. Saturday.
Police say the pedestrian, a juvenile male, was crossing northbound when he stepped into the roadway and into the path of an oncoming car.
The child was taken to a local hospital where he later died from his injures, according to LPD.
Police say alcohol was not a factor in the crash.
The Largo Police Department’s Traffic Homicide Unit is currently investigating the incident.
- Man robs gas station with Nintendo ‘Duck Hunt’ pistol: sheriff
- Some Democrats concerned about debt ceiling deal
- DeSantis: Trump’s ‘whole family moved to Florida under my governorship’
- Man pleads guilty to disturbing Yellowstone bison calf that later had to be killed by rangers
- Beware: ‘Scammer’ posing as Pinellas County deputy