ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) – St. Petersburg police are investigating a fatal hit and run crash involving a motorcyclist.
According to police, the crash happened around 8:20 p.m. Saturday when a silver sedan hit a motorcyclist, later identified as 56-year-old Phillip Anderson, on 34th Street N. and 16th Avenue N. and left the scene.
Police say Anderson later died of his injuries at Bayfront Health St. Petersburg and his passenger, 46-year-old Tricia Best, has non-life-threatening injuries and is in stable condition.
Northbound lanes of 34th Street were closed for a few hours between 13th and 18th Avenue N. as police investigated.
No other information has been released at this time.
Please check back for the latest updates.
- Hillsborough County reopening COVID-19 testing sites, will other Tampa Bay counties follow?
- Gulfport restaurant says all employees are now vaccinated, will wear masks
- Sarasota teachers excited, nervous for back to school as COVID case count rises
- Fried calls on Gov. DeSantis to release more COVID information
- CDC issues new eviction ban for most of US through Oct. 3