Mother of murder-suicide victim says daughter called 911 night before murder

Pinellas County

PINELLAS COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – The mother of the victim found murdered in her condo spoke to News Channel 8 Thursday about her daughter and the call she made to authorities a day before her life was taken during a murder-suicide.

“The craziness that went on, but she just tried to love on him cause our family is about that, being kind and loving. That’s it. she was a great person,” said Lenore Lawrow, the victim’s mother.

Lawrow said she tried to reach her daughter hours before she was found murdered.

She drove by to check on her and found her car and dentist Benjamin First’s car all alone in the parking lot.

Pavers needed the vehicles gone.

“I said I don’t want to be a pest, but they called and you must get your calls out of their and then when I didn’t hear from them, I said oh my gosh. I don’t know. Something’s wrong,” she recalled.

Lawrow learned law enforcement was at the home Monday.

“The police officer said to me before they broke down the door to my condo, we had a 911 call the night before. I said you did? And he said yes. He said we got there and the dog was barking but no one would let us in and one of the officer’s said, I saw someone peeping out the window,” said Lawrow. ”I don’t know exactly what my daughter said, I think the officer said something like, I need him removed.”

According to call notes, deputies arrived at 11:06 p.m. The call was completed at 1:14 a.m.

The family wants to know what happened during those two hours.

The Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office released this statement:

“We received a 911 call at approximately 10:56 PM on June 3, 2019.  Two deputies responded and spent a little over an hour at the residence trying to make contact.  They knocked on the door to the residence, received no response, and continued to check the surrounding area.  The deputies knocked on several neighbors’ doors and received no answer.  They did speak with subjects walking outside, who stated they didn’t see or hear any unusual activity.  The deputies called the complainant multiple times and received voicemail.  The deputies did not hear any suspicious noises coming from the residence.  The deputies took appropriate action based upon the information provided to them at the time of the call for service.”

“I’m angry that she maybe, who knows, he could have killed her before, but maybe she was alive,” said Lawrow.

First has a history of domestic abuse charges dating back to 2013.

Lawrow said her daughter was a victim of domestic abuse. She’s warning others to watch for signs.

”My daughter was too trusting, too caring and there was so many red flags. For you mothers, doesn’t matter if they’re a doctor or whatever, you have to look at the red flags,“ she said.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

get the app

News App

Weather App

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss