ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) – A missing 3-year-old boy was found by an officer in a pond a block away from his home and was pronounced dead in the hospital shortly after.
The St. Petersburg Police Department responded to a home at Lakewood Estates around 11:30 a.m. Sunday for the missing boy.
An officer found Malik Brown in a pond on Alcazar Way South around 11:40 a.m., about a block and a half away from his home.
The child was transported to the hospital but was later pronounced dead.
- Stanley Cup Semifinals: Game 1 between Lightning, Islanders kicks off at Amalie Arena
- ‘His eyes just lit up’: Virginia man gets to see grandson graduate in special mock ceremony
- From clubs to scrubs: Professional golfer on why she went from golfing to fighting a global pandemic
- Knesset approves new coalition, ending Netanyahu’s long rule
- Ellenton restaurant burglarized; suspect sought