ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) - Authorities say a tree trimmer was electrocuted when he accidentally touched a power line in St. Petersburg.
The man was electrocuted at about 10:30 a.m. on Friday, according to the St. Petersburg Fire Rescue. His name was not released.
Officials said the 39-year-old was trimming trees at an apartment complex in the 1600 block of 68th Street North when he accidentally came in contact with a power line. He suffered burns on his abdomen and lower limbs.
His coworkers lowered him to the ground and began administering CPR before he was rushed to the hospital, where he was pronounced deceased.
Further information was not immediately available.