CLEARWATER, Fla. (WFLA) – A man is behind bars after he stole 13 scratch-off tickets and went back to the same store he robbed to cash the tickets.
According to Clearwater police, Herbert McClellan, 27, stole 13 scratch-off tickets from the Speedway convenience store at 32 Bay Esplanade while the clerk was distracted.
When McClellan found out that one was a $30 winner, he went back to the same store to cash it in.
Employees called police and McClellan was arrested and charged with petit theft and dealing in stolen property.
It’s safe to say it was not his lucky day.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Who won the Trump-Biden debate? 6 key moments from the final showdown
- Pro-Trump students explain reason for impromptu parade, call heckling Biden supporters ‘immature’
- Kid Rock, golfer John Daly asked to mask up at final presidential debate
- Here’s how Hunter Biden became a campaign issue
- Puppy born with rare green fur in Italy