ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) – UPDATE: Police say 31-year-old Darrell Simmons Jr. is in critical but stable condition after being shot in a parking lot in St. Petersburg.
Police say around 5:15 p.m. they received a call of a person shot outside of the Food Max convenient store located at 1400 18th Ave. South.
Simmons was taken to the hospital with life-threatening injuries.
No other information has been released at this time.
ORIGINAL STORY: 8 On Your Side has learned of a shooting investigation taking place in St. Petersburg.
According to St. Petersburg Police Department, someone was shot in a parking lot in front of a small store on 18th Avenue South near 14th Street South and 15th Street South.
Police say it was a male victim and he was taken to a local hospital as a trauma alert.
We are working to get more details.
This is a developing story, please check back for updates.
- Local event planner creates game to encourage residents to try, support new restaurants while stuck at home
- Pinellas County opens 9 new donation sites for PPE
- Singer Pink says she had COVID-19, gives $1M to relief funds
- Trump says ‘toughest’ weeks ahead as coronavirus spreads
- City of Tampa gets creative with ‘social distance’ messages