PINELLAS COUNTY (WFLA) — A 36-year-old man was rushed to the hospital in Crystal Beach Saturday morning after being shot by his brother, deputies said.
The Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office responded to a home on Avery Avenue just after midnight after neighbors said they heard a gunshot. When they arrived, they found 36-year-old Ralph Paulk III with a life-threatening gunshot wound.
Detectives learned there was an argument upstairs between Paulk and his 28-year-old brother, Alexander. Detectives said during the argument, Alexander commented that he ‘had something for his brother,’ and took out a gun.
Deputies said Alexander fired one round into the lower abdomen of his brother Ralph and left the scene.
Alexander returned a short time later and was interviewed by detectives, where he reportedly claimed not to know about the incident.
Alexander was arrested and charged with attempted murder. His brother, Ralph, is at a local trauma center with life-threatening injuries.
- Dr. Fauci presents his personal virus model to the Smithsonian
- Aerial Dragons “hang” in studio, ahead of upcoming local performance
- Daytime chat: The most obedient dogs
- Japan to decide on overseas fans attendance at Tokyo Olympics by end of month
- Construction resumes at Universal Orlando’s Epic Universe theme park