CLEARWATER, Fla. (WFLA) – A Georgia man drowned Monday afternoon after attempting to rescue two family members having trouble in the water.
According to Clearwater Fire Rescue officials, the incident happened near Tower 3 when the man began to struggle himself.
Lifeguards were alerted and found the man floating in the water attempting CPR until medics arrived on scene.
The man was taken to Morton Plant Hospital, where he was pronounced dead less than an hour. His name was not released.
MORE TOP STORIES
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Above average heat continues through the weekend
- Inmate cries out ‘I Can’t Breathe’ 29 times before death
- Gov. DeWine tests negative for coronavirus after earlier positive test
- Stimulus check update: Trump, McConnell huddle as COVID-19 aid talks at risk of collapse
- President Trump signs executive order to ban TikTok in 45 days