ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) — Police said they arrested a man Saturday for handing out marijuana “because it was Christmas.”
The Pinellas County arrest report says Richard Ellis Spurrier, 67, was confronted by police Saturday around 11 p.m. at 16 2nd St. N. in St. Pete.
Officers said Spurrier had 45 grams of marijuana on him and was handing it out to people as they passed by.
In an interview with police, Spurrier reportedly told them he was handing out the weed “because it was Christmas.”
Spurrier was charged with possession of marijuana with intent to sell.
Officers said they found a hidden sword in Spurrier’s cane when they arrested him.
Spurrier has since been released from the Pinellas County Jail.
- Woman wakes up to find blood dripping from ceiling while she slept
- Hillsborough student with cystic fibrosis plans return to the classroom after COVID-19 vaccination
- Virginia woman charged with murder of infant was ‘into witchcraft’
- ‘We need to get people off the bridge as soon as possible’; Bridge crews make frantic 911 calls after structural crack found
- Hillsborough Co. sanitation worker honored after saving child nearly crushed in garbage truck