ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) — Police said they arrested a man Saturday for handing out marijuana “because it was Christmas.”
The Pinellas County arrest report says Richard Ellis Spurrier, 67, was confronted by police Saturday around 11 p.m. at 16 2nd St. N. in St. Pete.
Officers said Spurrier had 45 grams of marijuana on him and was handing it out to people as they passed by.
In an interview with police, Spurrier reportedly told them he was handing out the weed “because it was Christmas.”
Spurrier was charged with possession of marijuana with intent to sell.
Officers said they found a hidden sword in Spurrier’s cane when they arrested him.
Spurrier has since been released from the Pinellas County Jail.
- Hispanic Caucus spells out opposition to GOP border demands in X quote chain
- Kindness Day: Donate blood, food, toys and school supplies
- Rapper Kodak Black arrested in Florida on cocaine possession, other charges
- Remembering the attack on Pearl Harbor, 82 years later
- House Education chair announces probe into Harvard, MIT, UPenn over ‘rampant antisemitism’