ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) — Police said they arrested a man Saturday for handing out marijuana “because it was Christmas.”
The Pinellas County arrest report says Richard Ellis Spurrier, 67, was confronted by police Saturday around 11 p.m. at 16 2nd St. N. in St. Pete.
Officers said Spurrier had 45 grams of marijuana on him and was handing it out to people as they passed by.
In an interview with police, Spurrier reportedly told them he was handing out the weed “because it was Christmas.”
Spurrier was charged with possession of marijuana with intent to sell.
Officers said they found a hidden sword in Spurrier’s cane when they arrested him.
Spurrier has since been released from the Pinellas County Jail.
- Decomposed body found in Pasco County; investigation underway, official says
- Rays clinch 2nd straight AL East title, beat Marlins 7-3
- Butterfly release vigil held in North Port ahead of Gabby Petito’s funeral
- Sheriff’s office: At least 3 killed in Amtrak derailment
- Louisiana mom accused of throwing 2 children off bridge, killing 1